Senior Project Manager
- I have essentially grown up at CARS for the past 14 years. Early on I developed a passion for supporting those who serve youth through mentoring programs, which then led to supporting the prevention field and then expanded to mental health and wellness.
- The people I work with, the relationships that I’ve built, and the significance of what we do are why I come to the work I do.
- I stand for helping and supporting others. I stand with children, youth/young adults, parents, families, and professionals in the fields of mental health and wellness, prevention, and education.
- I enjoy the challenge of taking information and making it aesthetically pleasing and digestible.
Show Select Roles
I wanted to thank you both [Kari and another colleague] SO VERY MUCH for our Safe Zone Train the Trainer event. Everything went super smoothly, and the training was excellent! Truly, a valuable and necessary component to our colleges and district.”— Community college administrator and CCC SMHP training recipient
- Graphic Designer at CARS
Designs print and digital materials, products, and publications, including infographics, marketing collateral, training curricula, issue briefs, guidebooks, toolkits, brochures, web graphics, event displays, and other materials; develops organizational and project-specific branding; ensures 508 compliance requirements
- Project Manager, California Community Colleges Student Mental Health Program (CCC SMHP), California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office/Foundation for California Community Colleges
Contributes to project planning and collaboration with funders; coordinates day-to-day activities, including meeting planning and scheduling, event logistics, webinar coordination, and contract management; works closely with training requestors and subject matter experts; represent CCC SMHP at mental health and higher education events; provides graphic design for all project products and publications
- Training Coordinator, Community Prevention Initiative (CPI)
- Project Manager, Project LAUNCH (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children’s Health) Technical Assistance Center, funded by SAMHSA
Provides oversight of training and technical assistance activities; tracks project deliverables, including products, distance learning events, and regional and national events; manages project timelines, contact lists, and reporting; outreaches with and manages consultants; coordinates with project leadership, partners, and funders
- Event Logistics/Graphic Designer, Now Is The Time (NITT) Technical Assistance Center, funded by SAMHSA
Provides event coordination and logistics; supports leadership and management teams; designs and formats print and digital products and publications
Learn More About Kari:
BA, Studio Art, California State University, Sacramento
Youth Mental Health First Aid Certified
- Event planning and management
- Graphic design
- Document accessibility and compliance
- Mental health in school and higher education settings
- Project Manager, Mentoring Resource Center, U.S. Department of Education, CARS
- Training Manager, Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance Center, CARS